Learn effective ways to de-stress in a relaxed atmosphere of fun
Creative Wellbeing Weekend 5-7th May 2023
Are you feeling time pressured?
Do you ever make time to care for yourself?
- People often feel that they ‘can’t’ draw, play music or write but as children we freely explore these creatively and without preconceptions
- With this in mind one finds that the process of using any of the arts leads to relaxation, an inner calm and often unexpected insights
- During the weekend we will use expressive arts such as writing, music, art and movement as a way for us to connect with our inner resources and strengths
- So this weekend is just what you need to re-balance yourself, gain perspective and above all enjoy activities to stimulate your creativity, within a relaxed atmosphere of fun and playfulness
- The structure of the weekend will be dependent upon the participant’s wishes. We start the day with optional meditation but may then set aside half a day for a particular activity or, after discussion, use various means to explore a particular topic. Various exercises will be offered at each session to facilitate creativity
- At any time, you can decide to not come to a session and just go for a walk or rest – the time is yours to do with as you choose
- The intent is to hold a safe space in which each participant feels free to learn, engage and reflect
A weekend retreat from in the beautiful surroundings of Holland House, near Pershore, Worcestershire. www.hollandhouse.org
De-stress & Re-charge – a few more details
Take some time for yourself… explore your own creativity through art, dance-movement, music, and creative writing in a relaxed atmosphere of fun
A relaxing, affordable opportunity to unwind, to regain your sanity, serenity, sense of humour and recharge your creativity
We often look but do not see…but some exercises can help us really see what we are observing. We learn ways of drawing to help us connect with our unconscious abilities and that help us to enter a relaxed and focussed state of attention where we are more able to help ourselves with emotions and connect with whatever we are drawing….
We discover ways of stimulating the creative flow of word pictures by using our different senses and different perspectives in telling a story or writing a poem. We play with words, have fun and discover some ways to make our communications more effective…
We learn how to allow our body movement express music and rhythm, phrases, images, or emotions. We explore the use of movement to help resolve conflicts or problems and simply just for the sheer joy of moving…..
We listen to music in different ways – exploring how music can generate different emotions and images. We use a variety of percussion instruments to express emotions, concepts such as the seasons, and to create a dialogue within the group. We play at weaving a tapestry of sound – somehow we will all know when it is complete….
Costs per person (includes full board and facilitation)
Single room: £330
Shared room: £320
Cancellation In the event of cancellation by me, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel before 5th February you will get a 50% refund. I will do my best to be sympathetic to unavoidable cancellation, but I need to ensure that any advance costs are covered and that the weekend is viable.